...According to Their Employees
- Abusing the store's sampling policy - TJ’s wants customers to their try new products and will gladly open items, with the exception of alcohol and food that requires cooking, but there are those who push this sampling policy too far. In a Reddit thread, a Trader Joe’s worker said a manager once had to step in when a shopper pushed them to open 10-plus products. They have to draw the line somewhere, people.
- Acting impatient when it comes to finding products - Another Reddit postersays they get irritated when customers ask multiple workers to find the same product in the back at the same time. A little patience goes a long way.
- Leaving frozen items all over the store- It seems some TJ’s shoppers just leave refrigerated or frozen items on a shelf someplace in the store if they change their minds about buying them. There’s no need to ruin something just because you don’t want it, put it back or at least ask an employee to do it for you.
- Discarding trash throughout the store - They’re almost always handing out free samples of fruit, juice, coffee, or something in Trader Joe’s and for some reason, some shoppers can’t seem to locate the many trash cans around the store, which annoys at least one Reddit poster.
- Being weird about bagging - For one TJ’s employee, their biggest pet peeve about working there is “people that don’t bag, but are picky about how I bag.”
Source: Business Insider