When I was in college, I felt like I had 12 jobs just because my schedule is was so crazy. I know all you college students out there know that struggle and how real it is. One of my many jobs...was retail. I didn't have a BAD experience, but it CAN be stressful. So, shout out to all my retail worker homies! Thank you for providing us with the utmost retail expertise! You are all rockstars! Not trying to ruin your day, but thought the list below was funny to reminisce thru! You'll like it, I promise!
1. When a customer touches a section you’ve just finished tidying and you have to do it all over again.
2. Whenever anyone makes this joke:
3. When someone cheekily leaves their own rubbish for you to clean up.
4. Being forced to check in the back for an item you know doesn’t exist.
5. And having to put on a fake, polite smile when a customer is shouting at you.
6. Working in retail around any particularly busy period.
7. And having your schedule look like this because of it.
8. When a customer tells you how nice the weather is outside while you’re stuck indoors.
9. When it’s your turn to mop the shop floor.
10. Being given the early shift and spending the entire day at work as a sleep-deprived zombie.
11. Being asked for help at the *very moment* you’re about to pack up and go home.
12. And having to ignore the cries of your colleagues because if you don’t, you’ll inevitably get stuck working for an extra hour.
13. When you’re only an hour into your shift and your patience level is refusing to cooperate.
14. When someone asks you for something that’s right in front of their face.
15. Spotting a rogue hanger that’s facing the wrong way.
Getty Images / BuzzFeed
16. Working the sales and finding the shop floor a state every time you turn your back.
17. Being faced with a sudden queue at the till when you’re the only one serving.
The CW / Getty Images
18. Being handed clothes inside out after they’ve been tried on.